Monday, October 27, 2008

Tales of the Dog Park: Chapter 1

I'd heard from some fellow dog walkers recently about a nearby dog park, so Ryan and I decided on Sunday to drive over and check it out ... thinking, of course, that Kenzie would love it because she generally has sooo much energy.

Overall, she did have a great time! The dogs (big and small, shy and outgoing) were friendly for the most part, although there was this one HUGE 9-month-old Alaskan Husky puppy that kept chasing Kenzie around and running her over and biting on her (eek!) that made my heart skip a few beats ... several times. So, we had to keep a close eye on them, and anytime they got close, someone was running over to separate them. Kenzie doesn't know not to initiate "play" with big dogs like that (her Golden Retriever friend Ari is so nice, after all), so I guess you can't blame the other dog. But nonetheless ... we must protect our puppy! So, I think next time we will go for the designated "small dog only" hour — I like the idea of that much, much better.

Here's a recap of her visit:


Can we meet?Following the crowd:The English Staffordshire Bull Terrier was, by far, Kenzie's favorite playmate at the park. I was surprised to learn it is only 4 months old; it's a stout little thing that will no doubt get bigger and stronger!

Some mediation:
Drying off at home after bathtime!










No comments: